In this episode of the TalentGrow Show, Halelly Azulay interviews Caroline Adams Miller, MAPP, a Certified Professional Coach, Best-selling Author, Media Personality, and Keynote Speaker and Teacher. Caroline is an expert in the fields of empowerment, change, well-being and the science of goal accomplishment. Listen as Caroline shares insights about the secret to happiness, how we're doing goal-setting all wrong and what to change about it, and ways to increase our success and daily 'wins' by becoming more gritty. You'll walk away with actionable insights and ideas that you can apply to your own life and work to transform your satisfaction and effectiveness!
After listening to this engaging and lively conversation, you'll find out:
* What's the one piece of happiness research that rocked Caroline's world and changed the course of her life and career forever
* What we have all wrong about goal-setting and what to change about it
* A magical little exercise that will create a profound impact on your happiness and success in just 20 minutes a day
* Why the self-esteem movement is a huge failure that has created a bunch of narcissists and sociopaths, and the secret to creating REAL growth
* Why you should stop trying to be a different person at home and at work
* What you're going to really remember when you look back on your life and how to make more of those memories
* Why the concept of 'grit' has been watered-down and how to become truly more gritty, even if you're not that gritty now (and why being successful is not necessarily correlated with being gritty)
* The one question Caroline loves to ask everyone and which people always answer instantly, without blinking an eye
* The relationship between risk and regret and the way to make important life decisions to avoid regret
* What you need to do every day to create daily 'wins', and
* What is the Top 10 List that Caroline has on her radar as part of her big, scary, gritty personal goals.
Halelly Azulay interviews Dr. Beverly Kaye, an internationally-recognized authority on career development, employee engagement, and retention and best-selling author of numerous books. Learn the one small idea about leadership that ANY manager and leader can use to make a huge difference in employee engagement and retention. Why are so many leaders afraid of applying it? Bev will teach you really practical and specific techniques for overcoming those fears.
Topics covered include:
• The "stay interview" - and a glimpse into Dr. Kaye's brand new book, Hello Stay Interview, Goodbye Talent Loss: A Manager's Playbook
• What employees crave from their leaders!
• The common fears managers have about using this approach and how to overcome them
• The four steps for dealing with tough requests from employees (and why step 4 should have blinking lights on it)
• Managers are busier than ever. This one small idea can really make a great difference!
• What surprises Bev the most about the current approach of many leaders and organizations to employee engagement and her suggestion for correcting it or at least learning more from it
• An exercise you can do tomorrow on your way to work to improve employee engagement right away!